Monday, December 15, 2008

Kayla's first Burn! Ouchie Waa Waa!




I have some explaining to do - I know..... believe me - I still feel like crap!   This morning I was making Jesse's bed and the girls were out playing in the living room - like they always do before breakfast.  I had put the fire on - only 20 mins before, to warm up the house and take the morning chill off.  Kayla apparently went to sit down on the ground beside our fireplace - and popped her hand back to steady herself - only to find that the glass screen was hot enough to give her 2nd degree burns on the back side of her hand.  I have to tell you - she was soooo incredibly brave....  We ran it under running cold water for over an hour and then she held it in a bucket of cold water for a good 1/2 to 3/4's hour after that.  Thankfully enough time to get a good dose of Motrin into her.  For the rest of the day... K nursed her hand on her tummy and continued to play with her sisters... saying "I'm ok Mummy... it's not your fault Mummy.... It only hurts when I bend it...."  Well as you can see from my post - it's 2am Monday morning and I still can't sleep!  I feel awful.  To top the day off... Brooke fell off her bed this evening when getting into it... (no idea how - as I was tucking in Jesse....) and she clocked her head on the nightstand... needless to say - she also went to bed with Tylenol and an ice pack!  Please God - let tomorrow be a better day?.....  BTW - a huge thanks to our Fireman neighbor Chris for all your help, supplies, love and support!!  We totally appreciated it!
What did I learn today.... never to leave my kids unattended for a minute.....  How am I going to do that?

No comments: